Dr. David Kong is a graduate of The College of NJ and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University. During his studies, Dr. Kong served as the student New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians President and the Vice President of his class and was a recipient of the Dr. Les Mintz Scholarship Foundation Award. Following graduation, he joined a large ophthalmology practice in central NJ. However, he missed that personal touch and caring attitude you find at Moorestown Eye and wasn’t thrilled living in the NY sports market…He is now happy to be back in Southern NJ where he can root for his beloved Philly Sports Teams! Highlights of his resume include:
- NJ Society of Optometric Physicians Board of Directors
- Volunteer for the NJ Special Olympics Opening Eyes since 2010 ( that’s where he met Dr. Kim) and the PA Special Olympics Opening Eyes.
- In training to become a NJ Special Olympics Opening Eyes Clinical Director.
- Received the 2016 NJ State Young OD of the Year Award.
- Has obtained additional training in specialty scleral lenses. He has had multiple patients go from legally blind vision to nearly 20/20 through the use of specialty scleral contact lenses.
Dr. Kong is full time at Moorestown Eye seeing patients Monday through Friday (including 2 evenings a week) and some Saturdays.