Dr. Gregg Abbate is a graduate of Rutgers University and received his doctorate from The Illinois College of Optometry. Upon completing his doctorate, he performed a primary care residency at the Illinois Eye Institute in Chicago. There he assumed clinical and didactic duties in the areas of primary eye care as well as ocular disease. This allowed him to serve as an instructor and preceptor in the development of future optometric physicians. Following his residency, he returned “home” to New Jersey where he ultimately formed his own private practice in Cherry Hill. After ten years in his own practice, he longed for the comradery and collaboration of a group professional practice so he decided to merge his practice with Moorestown Eye Associates. Highlights of his resume include:
- Abbate Family Eyecare, 2009-2019
- Residency at the Illinois College of Optometry with emphasis on diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease
- Current Optometric Examiner for the Department of Defense Medical Review Board
- Member of American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
- Multiple lectures, papers, and participation in optometric clinical trials
- Volunteer for the Special Olympics
Outside the office, Dr. Abbate spends his free time with his family enjoying sports and outdoor activities such as camping and hiking. Dr. Abbate sees patients full time in our office, Monday through Friday and one Saturday a month.
Open 2 Saturdays a month. Please call for an appointment.