Eye care professionals specialize in understanding how the human eye really works, as well as diseases and conditions that affect your vision - many of which do not have obvious symptoms. Eye doctors know how age and risk factors affect vision over time for young and old, and they understand the benefits and features of corrective lenses including eyeglasses and contacts.
Our Moorestown optometrists take the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
So if you're looking for eye doctors and eye care near you in the Moorestown area, look no further than Moorestown Eye Associates!
Dr. Kimberly Kester Friedman is one of the founders of Moorestown Eye Associates (est 1992) and the Director of our Dry Eye Clinic. Highlights of her resume include:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
- Salutatorian of her doctoral class
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Multiple television appearances discussing eye care topics. Her television appearances can be seen on our YouTube channel - Moorestown Eye You Tube Channel
- Rachael Ray Show
- NBC 10!
- Fox's Good Day!
- Cn8's Your Morning
- Comcast Newsmakers
- Multiple print articles
- Philadelphia Inquirer, Courier Post, Newark Star Ledger, Asbury Park Press, Burlington County Times
- Multiple Eye Care Related Journals
- Educates doctors, staff and patients throughout the nation and recently presented lectures at the National American Optometric Association Annual Congress.
- New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians' President's Award for serving as the first female president
- "Top Docs for Kids" by NJ Family Magazine
- "Top 40 under 40" professionals in the eye care field
- "People's First Award" for the northeastern region of the United States awarded to a doctor who demonstrates excellence in both eye care and community service
- The National Special Olympics Leadership Award
- New Jersey OD of the Year Award, the Young OD of the Year Award, the Special Purpose Award, the Chairperson of the Year Award and the Communication Award
Outside of the office, Dr. Friedman is currently a clinical director for the Special Olympics Lions Club International Opening Eyes Program. Dr. Friedman also works as a part-time instructor for anatomy and physiology and is a certified yoga teacher.
Dr. Friedman currently splits her time between patient care at Moorestown Eye and teaching other eye doctors throughout the country about new products and pharmaceuticals in eye care. She sees patients in-office Mondays and Fridays, and also offers telehealth appointments on select days.
Dr. Les Friedman is one of the founding partners of Moorestown Eye Associates and is the managing director of our staff and insurance departments. He was raised in Great Neck, New York and Hamden, Connecticut, finally settling in South Jersey and forming Moorestown Eye with his wife after they met in graduate school. He is a graduate of Muhlenberg College and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University where he attained 2 B.S. degrees and his Doctorate in Optometry. He then completed post-graduate requirements to earn his license to therapeutically treat eye diseases and prescribe oral medications. His resume highlights include:
- Diplomate in the American Board of Optometry
- American Optometric Association, New Jersey Optometric Physician Society, and West Jersey Optometric Society
- received the Dennis Kennedy Award for excellence in laser vision correction
- Personally had LASIK himself in 1998 and has co-managed hundreds of LASIK patients
- Past member of the Cherokee High School Band Boosters Executive Board and Pit Crew
- Responsible for the technological advances in our office as he constantly studies the latest advancements in eye care technology to bring the best to our patients
A life-long hockey enthusiast, he currently plays ice hockey at the Igloo in Mt Laurel. He sees patients at Moorestown Eye on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Dr. David Kong is a graduate of The College of NJ and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University. During his studies, Dr. Kong served as the student New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians President and the Vice President of his class and was a recipient of the Dr. Les Mintz Scholarship Foundation Award. Following graduation, he joined a large ophthalmology practice in central NJ. However, he missed that personal touch and caring attitude you find at Moorestown Eye and wasn’t thrilled living in the NY sports market…He is now happy to be back in Southern NJ where he can root for his beloved Philly Sports Teams! Highlights of his resume include:
- NJ Society of Optometric Physicians Board of Directors
- Volunteer for the NJ Special Olympics Opening Eyes since 2010 ( that’s where he met Dr. Kim) and the PA Special Olympics Opening Eyes.
- In training to become a NJ Special Olympics Opening Eyes Clinical Director.
- Received the 2016 NJ State Young OD of the Year Award.
- Has obtained additional training in specialty scleral lenses. He has had multiple patients go from legally blind vision to nearly 20/20 through the use of specialty scleral contact lenses.
Dr. Kong is full time at Moorestown Eye seeing patients Monday through Friday (including 2 evenings a week) and some Saturdays.
Dr. Gregg Abbate is a graduate of Rutgers University and received his doctorate from The Illinois College of Optometry. Upon completing his doctorate, he performed a primary care residency at the Illinois Eye Institute in Chicago. There he assumed clinical and didactic duties in the areas of primary eye care as well as ocular disease. This allowed him to serve as an instructor and preceptor in the development of future optometric physicians. Following his residency, he returned “home” to New Jersey where he ultimately formed his own private practice in Cherry Hill. After ten years in his own practice, he longed for the comradery and collaboration of a group professional practice so he decided to merge his practice with Moorestown Eye Associates. Highlights of his resume include:
- Abbate Family Eyecare, 2009-2019
- Residency at the Illinois College of Optometry with emphasis on diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease
- Current Optometric Examiner for the Department of Defense Medical Review Board
- Member of American Optometric Association and New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians
- Multiple lectures, papers, and participation in optometric clinical trials
- Volunteer for the Special Olympics
Outside the office, Dr. Abbate spends his free time with his family enjoying sports and outdoor activities such as camping and hiking.
Dr. Abbate sees patients full time in our office, Monday through Friday and one Saturday a month.