optometric physicians lic # OA 05126, OA 05127, OA 06383, OA 06491
Dr. Kimberly Kester Friedman is one of the founders of Moorestown Eye Associates (est 1992) and the Director of our Dry Eye Clinic. Highlights of her resume include:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
- Salutatorian of her doctoral class
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Multiple television appearances discussing eye care topics. Her television appearances can be seen on our YouTube channel – Moorestown Eye You Tube Channel
- Rachael Ray Show
- NBC 10!
- Fox’s Good Day!
- Cn8’s Your Morning
- Comcast Newsmakers
- Multiple print articles
- Philadelphia Inquirer, Courier Post, Newark Star Ledger, Asbury Park Press, Burlington County Times
- Multiple Eye Care Related Journals
- Educates doctors, staff and patients throughout the nation and recently presented lectures at the National American Optometric Association Annual Congress.
- New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians’ President’s Award for serving as the first female president
- “Top Docs for Kids” by NJ Family Magazine
- “Top 40 under 40” professionals in the eye care field
- “People’s First Award” for the northeastern region of the United States awarded to a doctor who demonstrates excellence in both eye care and community service
- The National Special Olympics Leadership Award
- New Jersey OD of the Year Award, the Young OD of the Year Award, the Special Purpose Award, the Chairperson of the Year Award and the Communication Award
Outside of the office, Dr. Friedman is currently a clinical director for the Special Olympics Lions Club International Opening Eyes Program. Dr. Friedman also works as a part time instructor for anatomy and physiology and is a certified yoga teacher.
Dr. Les Friedman is one of the founding partners of Moorestown Eye Associates and is the managing director of our staff and insurance departments. He was raised in Great Neck, New York and Hamden, Connecticut, finally settling in South Jersey and forming Moorestown Eye with his wife after they met in graduate school. He is a graduate of Muhlenberg College and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University where he attained 2 B.S. degrees and his Doctorate in Optometry. He then completed post-graduate requirements to earn his license to therapeutically treat eye diseases and prescribe oral medications. His resume highlights include:
- Diplomate in the American Board of Optometry
- American Optometric Association, New Jersey Optometric Physician Society, and West Jersey Optometric Society
- received the Dennis Kennedy Award for excellence in laser vision correction
- Personally had LASIK himself in 1998 and has co-managed hundreds of LASIK patients
- Past member of the Cherokee High School Band Boosters Executive Board and Pit Crew
- Responsible for the technological advances in our office as he constantly studies the latest advancements in eye care technology to bring the best to our patients
A life-long hockey enthusiast, he currently plays ice hockey at the Igloo in Mt Laurel. He coached lacrosse and field hockey for his daughter’s teams and, since 2005, Dr. Friedman has enjoyed competing in local triathlons!
Dr. David Kong is a graduate of The College of NJ and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University. He became a very valued member of the NJ optometric community even while he was attending school. During his studies, Dr. Kong served as the student New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians President and the Vice President of his class and was a recipient of the Dr. Les Mintz Scholarship Foundation Award. Following graduation he joined a large ophthalmology practice in central NJ. However, he missed that personal touch and caring attitude you find at Moorestown Eye and wasn’t thrilled living in the NY sports market…He is now happy to be back in Southern NJ where he can root for his beloved Philly Sports Teams!
Always being community and service minded, Dr. Kong started volunteering for the NJ Special Olympics in 2010 and that is where he met Dr. Kimberly Friedman. Dr. Kim noticed his compassion and clinical skill and had always hoped he would someday join our practice! After several months part time, Dr. Kong’s is now a full time optometric physician in our office – he sees patients Monday through Friday and some Saturdays.
In September of 2016,the NJ Society of Optometric Physicians noticed Dr. David Kong’s service to the profession and to the community and awarded him with the Young OD of the Year award for NJ.